Extractions and Emergencies
Emergency Dentistry and Extractions in Wake Forest, NC
Dental emergencies often cause sleepless nights, worries or dental anxiety, time needed off work or school, and more. If this happens to you, don’t feel like you need to live with the pain or uncertainty of a toothache or other dental problem. Your emergency dentist in Wake Forest, NC works extremely hard to provide quick treatment and see you as soon as possible.
At Upton & Baker DDS, we do not want you risking your health by attempting to “wait out” a dental emergency by hoping it will resolve on its own or attempting to treat things with ice or daily pain medications. This often leads to increasingly painful symptoms and more significant problems like spreading infections, tooth and bone loss, or even systemic health issues. Some of the common issues we treat are:
- Joint and jaw pain
- Facial or jaw swelling
- Broken teeth or fillings
- Loose teeth or fillings
- Objects stuck between teeth
- Knocked-out teeth and other dental trauma
- Severe tooth sensitivity
- Gum swelling and tissue injuries
HOW DO I REDUCE MY CHANCES OF HAVING A DENTAL EMERGENCY?
Dental emergencies can happen to anyone but there are several important actions you can take to minimize your risk. At Upton & Baker DDS, we prioritize preventative dentistry that helps fend off issues before they arise. Some of the best ways to do that include:
- Twice yearly professional cleanings and detailed examinations. This allows us to remove any plaque or debris that can cause serious health issues and spot any problems early before they cause pain or infection.
- An adequate oral hygiene regimen at home that keeps your mouth clean and healthy. There are many different oral hygiene tools and products on the market. Every mouth is unique, and our caring team will work with you to develop an individualized routine that is perfect for you.
- Lowering your consumption of sugary and acidic foods or beverages
- Wearing a nightguard if you feel you are clenching or grinding your teeth
WHAT IF I NEED TO HAVE A TOOTH EXTRACTED?
At Upton & Baker DDS we would love it if all our patients were able to keep every one of their natural teeth. Unfortunately, that is not always possible as some teeth are simply too unhealthy or broken down to be saved. If that happens to one of your teeth, rest assured that your comfort is our top priority and we will do everything possible to make sure that your procedure is painless and goes smoothly.
DENTAL EXTRACTIONS IN WAKE FOREST, NC
If you have a toothache, broken tooth, infection, jaw swelling, or other issues that requires attention, don’t hesitate to call our office for an emergency appointment. We will work you in as quickly as possible to examine your mouth and treat the source of your discomfort. We are here to help you and our priority is to get you back to being comfortable and smiling as soon as possible!